- Principal's Report 2-4-2019
- EASTER RAFFLE
- Teddy Bear Update Grade 4/5
- End of Term Disco Party!
- Parent and Family Forums
- Earn & Learn is Back!
- School Banking
- Entertainment Book Fundraiser
- Cook it Kids
- Classic Movie Night at the Palais Sunday 7th April 2019
- Track & Field Challenge
- Upcoming Events
School Opening on Wednesday
Our school will be able to safely care for your children during the scheduled stop work action on 3 April with limited supervision and the school will be open as normal.
Limited supervision means that classes will not be conducted as normal from 1.50 PM however students will be supervised in larger groups.
School buses will operate as normal.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the school office.
This week in Smarties we are learning about our sense of taste.
On Wednesday we'll be making rainbow fruit kebabs, playing with puzzles, riding bikes and painting.
On Thursday we'll be playing in the bush and building with sticks and ropes. We'll also make toasted cheese sandwiches over the campfire!
On Friday we'll play with the parachute, sing and dance, share a story and do a science experiment making ice-cream!
We hope to see you there,
Jess Black and Annette Carson
Last week for the Easter Raffle. We are still in need of donations to make this a successful raffle.
All money and donations need to be at the office by THIS FRIDAY.
Raffle will be drawn on Monday 8th April.
When? - Thursday 11th April from 5:30-7:30pm.
Where? - In the School Hall.
Who? - Everyone is invited! Siblings, friends and family are welcome to come and dance too! So everyone can be included, children under 5 are welcome but will require parental/guardian supervision.
How much? - $5 entry covers everything - including a sausage sizzle, snacks and cordial/water. There'll be a lucky door prize too!
Tea, coffee, Milo, Devonshire Tea and extra sausages will be available for purchase for adults and kids.
Make sure you're dressed for fun! Costumes, party clothes or whatever makes you feel comfortable.
Come and join the fun!
All funds raised go to the Parents & Friends to be used to purchase equipment for the school and to top up class budgets for things like excursions and special activities.
On Thursday 28th March, Glen Huon Primary School held a Ride2School event which aimed at increasing the amount of students that actively travelled to school. The day was an amazing success with a huge amount of bikes, scooters, skateboards and walkers all meeting at Glen Huon Cricket oval. Amazingly we had 74 students attend the Ride2School event and all rode and walked down as one big group. A massive thankyou to all the parents who went above and beyond by transporting bikes from far and wide, and some even joining us on our trip down so that their children could ride to school with their peers. We also had a great day in PE with Shane from Bicycle Network teaching all of our classes about bike safety and bike education.
Declan West | Health & PE Teacher
Parents and families are invited to attend a forum to provide information about and discuss Educational Adjustments.
From 2020, there will be a new approach in Department of Education schools to assisting students with disability to access, participate and engage in quality educational programs.
Forums are scheduled for Term 2. Light refreshments will be provided.
See details of locations and timing and how to register at: REGISTER HERE
For paper based newsletters please use the full web address to register: https://edu.formstack.com/forms/parent_forums
Entertainment Book Fundraiser is here again! Special Early Bird offers for those who order before April 3rd!! Plus a bonus spend and save voucher for online orders with Woolworths. Memberships are only $70 and can be either a book or digital membership, with 20% coming back to the school. Last year we raised nearly $400!! Click on the link to go straight to our school order page : www.entbook.com.au/24u0290 or contact Michelle Wilson. Order forms will be coming home with the newsletter today. Thanks for your continuing support!
- a 10 week course at the commercial kitchen at Glen Huon Hall.
- commencing in 2nd term on Thursday 2nd May after school between 3 and 5.30pm.
- open to Grade 4, 5, & 6 children.
- learning how to be creative with food, making wholesome meals to share at the hall or take home.
- an initiative sponsored by the Salvation Army, facilitated by Laura Watson.
- children will be collected at the school and walked up to the hall.
- children can be picked up between 5 and 5.30pm from the Hall.
- a gold coin donation would be gratefully accepted to go towards paying for the hire of the hall otherwise no other costs are involved.
- asking for expressions of interest. Please phone Laura on 0438451167.
This month Sunday 7th April, Classic Movies are screening the delightful crowd pleasing 2013 Indian film 'The Lunchbox'.
Synopsis: A mistaken delivery in Mumbai's famously efficient lunchbox delivery system, the dabbawalas, connects a young housewife to an older man in the dusk of his life as they build a fantasy world together through notes in the lunchbox.
Dabbawalas: A complicated system that picks up and delivers lunches from restaurants or homes to people at work. Between 175,000 and 2000,000 lunch boxes are moved each day by 4,500 to 5,000 dabbawals in Mumbai.
The Lunchbox: rated PG Admission $5
4 Reasons to head on down to the Franklin Palais on Sunday 7th April 2019.
- Do not be fooled, this is not a 'Bollywood' all singing and dancing film. The Lunchbox will touch your heart and appetite.
- Audiences loved this film. Our ever trusty guide Rotten Tomatoes gives The Lunchbox 96% positive reviews. Yes we have entered into 'the Stratosphere' realm of a quality film. It will not disappoint.
- Warning, do not watch this film on an empty stomach. Guaranteed you will crave for a paneer and bean curry.
- Two quotes from the film that will stay with you.
'I think we forget things if there is nobody to tell them'.
'Sometimes the wrong train can lead you to the right station'.
Doors open 6.30pm. Film starts at 7.15pm. Admission: $5
Primary Learn to Swim Years 3-5
18 Nov 2019 - 29 Nov 2019
Early Childhood Swimming P-2
02 Dec 2019 - 06 Dec 2019
Cup Cakes for Mare Island Primary School
Whole School Assembly
1:23 PM - 2:40 PM
1:00 PM - 2:40 PM
Students Last Day of Term 4